At PT Coupling, we believe in the power of ingenuity and that there is always room for improvement. We wouldn’t be a leading manufacturer of quick connect/disconnect couplings without the drive to improve, perfect, and innovate.
We are kicking-off 2016 the right way – by introducing two new products that we are adding to our lineup. The first new item is an expansion of our C50 external crimp system by adding a flange by the hose shank. The C50 style Progrip External Crimp System Flange X Hose Shank is available in 4 unique fitting styles manufactured from 316 stainless steel:
• PFFC50: A specially designed floating ANSI 150# pipe flange by C50 style hose shank stub end that allow the floating flange to slide over a crimped sleeve or ferrule. Because the hose assembler has the option of sliding the flange down the hose, the crimp machine doesn’t have to open up to clear the flange diameter. Available in 1”, 1 ½”, 2”, 3”, and 4”.
• PFC50: An ANSI B16.5 class 150# pipe flange by C50 style external crimp hose shank which is a fixed pipe flange by the hose shank. Available in 1”, 1 ½”, 2”, 3”, 4”, and 6”.
• TBC50: A C50 style hose shank stub end designed to fit a standard 150# ANSI lap joint pipe flange. Available in 2”, 3”, and 4”.
• TTFC50: A TTMA tank truck flange by C50 style external crimp hose. This is a fixed tank truck flange by hose shank. Available in 3” and 4”.
The expanded family of C50 external crimp system will offer another level of ease and safety to users in the petroleum, chemical, food, and industrial sectors.
Our second new product introduction that will improve liquid and dry transfer applications is an Aluminum Grooved Pipe Coupling. These couplings are a cost effective alternative to heavy duty grooved pipe couplings for use in applications that do not require high pressure. The integrated stud bolts and nuts enable quick and easy assembly and the unique profile allows expansion during installation and protects the seal from damage. Grooved pipe couplings are available in 3 sizes:
• 2” with rating up to 400 psi
• 3” with rating up to 200 psi
• 4” with rating up to 150 psi
Aluminum Grooved Pipe Couplings are also available with a choice of Viton® or Buna seals.
These products can be found in our online catalog, through our mobile friendly app, and are coming to our website!
Keep an eye out for our next blog where we will tell you about our upcoming trip to the Western Petroleum Marketers Association (WPMA) convention. We’ll be exhibiting in Booth #1500 and will provide you with further information coming soon!
*PTC is a proud affiliate of NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute.