Cam and Groove Couplings
Why should cam and groove couplings from PT Coupling be your first choice?
- PT manufactures special cam and groove couplings such as our STA LOK®, STA LOK®II, reducers, 90° elbows, and more.
- The STA LOK® line of locking cam arms were originally designed by PT Coupling for the US Coast Guard. The STA LOK® is a positive locking cam & groove feature and the STA LOK®II is a passive locking cam & groove feature.
- PT cam and groove couplings are assembled with solid pins.
- Superior pressure ratings that surpass industry standards.
- All of PT Coupling castings are made from high quality raw materials, cast in US foundries and machined in our company owned machine shop, Central Machine & Tool.
- Standard couplers can be refit with STA LOK® II passive locking arms, thereby eliminating the need to stock different coupler bodies.
View Catalog for Details and Specifications Now:
Custom Cam & Groove Couplings
PT Coupling also specializes in custom fabrication. Our state-of-the-art engineering department will leverage their industry expertise to design custom fittings tailored to your application.
Note: for an additional fee, MTRs are available. A Certificate of Origin is also available at no additional cost.
Find out more specific information about our cam and groove couplings product line or visit this site to view the full product catalog.
Materials for Cam & Groove Couplings
PT uses an extensive array of materials for cam and groove couplings, with selection depending on the intended application. Standard materials include Aluminum, Hard Coat Aluminum, Brass, Stainless Steel, Ductile Iron, Carbon Steel, Polypropylene, Food Grade Polypropylene and Nylon. For special uses, PT will employ Hastelloy®, Carpenter 20®, Monel®, Tantaline, Anodized Aluminum, Teflon® lined and Titanium.
Markets & Applications for Cam and Groove Couplings
PT's cam and groove couplings have been used in many markets for an extensive variety of applications. Some of these include:
- Steel foundries
- Dry bulk
- Reverse osmosis systems
- Water treatment
- Water transport
- Waste/vacuum trucks
- Fuel delivery
- Grain movement
- Hydraulic oil, coolants, gasoline,
and petroleum products
- Salt water
- Waste water
- Chemical movement & storage
Cam and Groove couplings are not recommended for any type of compressed gas service, including steam or air.
PT cam and groove couplings made with corrosion resistant metals are also available
Get the most corrosion resistant cam and groove couplings currently available. Our Tantalum corrosion resistant models outperform the resistance properties of Nickel Alloys, Titanium and Zirconium. You can find out more about them here.